Expression of Interest: Working group to contribute to the Development of Professional and Educational Standards of Proficiency for Clinical Measurement Physiologists in Ireland
ARE NOW CLOSED
The IICMP are seeking expression of interest from Physiologists who are interested in forming a working group to support and advise the professional body to produce a suite of documents outlining in detail the standards of professional proficiency required and the code of conduct and ethical practice essential in practice as a clinical measurement physiologist in Ireland. This is an attractive opportunity to make a positive contribution to progressing the governance and educational structures for your profession.
The group will be administered and project managed by Dr Ann Coughlan, the Standards Officer for the IICMP and there is not expected to be any administrative burden on the working group. The group will support the establishment of the following suite of documents:
- Code of Conduct and Ethical Practice for Clinical Measurement Physiologists in Ireland
- Professional Education Standards of Proficiency for Clinical Measurement Physiologists
- Criteria for Educational and Training programmes for Clinical Measurement Physiologists
- Programme approval and monitoring process – Information and guide for the IICMP programme approval and monitoring team
- Criteria for Educational and Training programmes for Clinical Measurement Physiologists – Guidelines for programme providers, Universities and HEI’s
- Programme approval and monitoring process – Information for education providers, Universities and HEI’s
- Programme application document for Universities and HEI’s
We are seeking expressions of interest from individual clinical measurement physiologists from each of the five disciplines at various grades and experience to engage to progress this piece of work. It may be of particular relevance to those that have a particular interest in clinical education and practice but we would welcome participation from all of the following categories:
- New Graduates
- Practice Educators
- Department Managers
- Those with an interest in clinical education & practice
- Staff and Senior grade CMP’s
- Community Hub based CMP’s
Involvement in this group will contribute to your individual professional development. There will also be engagement and consultation with various stakeholders to ensure that robust guidelines are developed, with interim reporting and guidance from the Board of Directors of the IICMP.
We look forward to engaging in this piece of work.