Neurophysiology Across New and Current Modalities
Title: Neurophysiology Across New and Current Modalities
Date: Friday 26th May
Time: 10am – 3pm
Location: CHI Crumlin, at the Centre of Centre of Children’s Nurse Education (CCNE), Room 1
Open to those in publicly funded hospitals only. Places are limited so please register earlier to secure your place
The rationale for this event is to increase awareness of the specialist and emerging areas of Neurophysiology in Ireland. It is also to reinforce and facilitate training of the fundamentals of current practice, while displaying both the established or unique services across different Neurophysiology departments in Ireland.
The day will run from 10am to 3pm and the day will be split into a section of presentations, followed by a section for shorter case studies. A finalised agenda and presentation titles will follow however topics of talks to be delivered include:
- The use of ultrasound in Nerve Conduction Studies – Aimee Byrne, Beaumont Hospital.
- Neurophysiology Cardiac Arrest Protocol – Sinead O’Keeffe, Beaumont Hospital.
- Visual Evoked Potentials: Fundamental Concepts and Clinical Applications – John Maguire, CHI Crumlin
- Eye tracking in children – Eileen O’Flaherty, CHI Crumlin
- A novel method of electrode application for vEEG Telemetry patients – Aoife Walsh, CHI Temple St.
- Sleep studies in Neurophysiology – James Fisher, St. James’s Hospital.
- Case series section – A selection of short interesting cases from different departments will be presented during this section of the day. Some of the 4th year TUDublin students will also be showcasing their final year projects.
- Bryoni Daly – Beaumont Hospital case study.
- Ciara McGrane – St. James’s Hospital case study.
- Karen Collins – Temple St. Case study.
Lunch is kindly being sponsored on the day by AMBU
We look forward to seeing you at the event. For any queries please contact Aimee Byrne, Chair of Neurophysiology Executive, by email at: communicationsiicmp@gmail.